Monday, April 26, 2010

Don't push people away

I watched The Back-up Plan with my sister yesterday. There was a part in the movie where Nana (Linda Lavin) told Zoe (Jennifer Lopez) "Don't push people away" I was hit by those words. Haha. 3 years ago, I was told the same thing by my friend. I used to "push people away". I'm not so sure why. Maybe I was pampered and I used to feel good when other people are being humble enough to run after me, saying "sorry" even if I'm at fault. I'm not a brat. I was just... being childish. Oh well, at least I'm not like that anymore. ^_^ I guess I'm really growing up. I realized that people won't always come, running after me. They are getting tired of trying to understand me, and that I'm not the only person in the world whom they really care about. Sometimes, I need a good slap on my face (not literally. lol) just to make myself realize that I'm being unreasonable.
I'm thankful to those people who tell me "you're being a jerk" without making me feel so bad about myself. I don't know how they do it. They say something negative, but in a nice way, and when I try to comprehend their words, I get their point... their warning, actually... I'm being a jerk. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment